Kids Want You To Know...
The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy asked teens from all over the country a fairly simple question: If you could give your parents and other important adults advice about how to help you and your friends avoid pregnancy, what would it be? Here is what they came up with.
- Show us why teen pregnancy is such a bad idea.
- Talk to us honestly about love, sex and relationships.
- Telling us not to have sex is not enough.
- Whether we’re having sex or not, we need to be prepared.
- If we ask you about sex or contraception, don’t assume we are already “doing it.”
- Sometimes, all it takes not to have sex is not to have the opportunity.
- We really care what you think, even if we don’t always act like it.
- Show us what good, responsible relationships look like…
- …and help us avoid unhealthy relationships.
- We hate “The Talk” as much as you do.
To see these answers with more detail, visit here.
Getting routine shots from your doctor is never fun, but getting HPV is worse.
Protect yourself by getting vaccinated. The HPV Vaccine is cancer prevention. Ask your doctor about what you can do to stay safe, or call 865-215-5000 to schedule a vaccination appointment at the Health Department.